Happy Christmas! I’m so excited about Christmas, it’s my favorite time of year. I’ve just about finished decorating. One of my favorite things to use for decorating is handmade ornaments.
As soon as I saw the Star of Light Bundle in the Holiday Catalog, I knew I wanted to make an ornament from it. The bundle includes stamps and thinlets. Today I will be using the thinlets only.
Here are the directions:
- Using the Big Shot, cut out 2 large stars from Whisper White Yardstick.
- Cut out 2 large stars from Silver Foil Paper.
- Cut out 2 ornate stars from Whisper White Yardstick.
- Cut out 2 small ornate stars from Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Now that we have all the pieces, it is time to assemble. I used glue dots to assemble the whole ornament.
- Take the two large stars with score lines and using your hands bow them out to give them some dimension. Use glue dots just on the 4 major points of the star to glue them together. You can see how the star looks a little puffed. That’s the look we are going for.
- Next use glue dots to adhere the silver foil layer to both sides. I used glue dots just on the 2 top and bottom major points of the star.
- Use glue dots to adhere the white ornate star.
- The last layer is the glimmer small ornate star. I just used one blue dot in the center to adhere it.
- Then add a rhinestone in the middle.
- The last step is to add in the silver cord for hanging. I should have added this at the beginning between the first two layers but I didn’t so I went back and gently lifted the layers and added the cord.
And here is the finished ornament.
I just love the sparkle of it! So pretty! Once you do that cutting, these come together quick and I’ve made several.